Right to left Question

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
Wikikasser
Rank 0
Rank 0

Right to left Question

Post by Wikikasser »

Dear Paul ..
Thanks for all your Skins

I would like to ask you how can i align gumax to (right to left) Like arabic websites ?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Right to left Question

Post by Paul »

Can you explain more details? :?
mgrogin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mgrogin »

when using the monobook skin with a right to left (rtl) language it moves the left column to the right (the column with the toolbox and navigation) and it also makes the text in the body be aligned to the right.

when I use your skin it doesn't align the text to the right and the bulletin arrows of the menu (log out, special pages...) face the wrong direction and start from the left and overlap the text instead of starting from the right.

I think the rtl.css file is what takes care of this in monobook.

the cologneblue and standard skins don't move the left column to the right but they align the text to the right

the modern skin does move the column to the right

any ideas how to fix this?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I never thought about that, you are the first personal asking. I check the css files, and you are correct, the rtl.css does that, I think, it should be easy to fix if you know a little bit about css.

I will take a look at that too. :lol:
mgrogin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mgrogin »

Thanks for looking in to it and responding so quickly!!
I think the thing that makes this more complicated then just understanding css is that in the monobook skin it automatically changes page when u change the language so I think there has to be some kind of if condition somewhere hidden that checks if the language is a rtl language and only if it is then it applies the rtl.css

I wish there was some sort of explanation of all the monobook skin's files so I could have a better understanding of what everything does there doesn't seem to be any good documentation on the web about playing arouns with the skins