Would like to load the right (content) area first

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
munki
Rank 2
Rank 2

Would like to load the right (content) area first

Post by munki »

Hello,
I am using GuMaxV and I would like to load content (right) first and then left side navigation. The reason is I would like the content to load first as I have some ads hardcoded onto the left side bar and this gives the feeling of the page loading faster.

I think pertinent part is :

Code: Select all

<div id="contentHeadLeft"><div id="contentHeadRight"><div id="contentHeadCenter"></div></div></div>
	<div id="contentBodyLeft"><div id="contentBodyRight"><div id="contentBodyCenter">
and then I see little bit below that

<div id="gumax-spacer"><!-- --></div>

<table class="gumax-row" width="100%"><tr><td class="gumax-row-left" valign="top">
the left row is the section I would like to load after the content. I tried to do flip this with the

</td><td class="gumax-row-right" valign="top">
but I think I missed something as the layout turned out to be one column rather than 2. Thanks
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Would like to load the right (content) area first

Post by Paul »

The page should be rendered by sequence, and it should be always from top-down and left-right. If you want to the content to be displayed as first, then the content will be the very first elements. Then why you need style here?

So it's pointless to do that if you need style...
munki
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by munki »

Monobook renders right to left ... content first then sidebar.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Monobook puts the content at the very first, then "float" to right side... not the right to left...

GuMax doesn't use "float" instead of table, since float cause many overhead cross browser issues... I just want to simplify the issues and make style more compatible, it might lose the "faster feeling" if you have many outside dependencies need to be rendered first...

In your case, you might want to move the menu to the right side instead of left side to make it feel faster...
munki
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by munki »

Ahh ... I see now. I really like your skin. I do notice I have colored h5 background for the left sidebar and when the page loads I see it stretch all the way from left to far right for about 3 seconds until "content" finally loads. I will look into having sidebar on right (never thought about that). thanks!