How to I add my own headings in navigation?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: How to I add my own headings in navigation?

Post by Paul »

joopgoudvis wrote:How do I add a seccond sidebar on the left? with my own links and names. Just under the other sidebar ?
What version are you using?
joopgoudvis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joopgoudvis »

3.2.1 :-)
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

As I said, type MediaWiki:Sidebar in search, then edit. The format is as following:

* menu 1
** item 1
** item 2

* menu 2
** item 1
** item 2
joopgoudvis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joopgoudvis »

Thank you, it works :)

It would be fine too have an option, to have the wiki articles diirectly converterd to .pdf by clicking on a link.

And I want to make an user panel and an admin panel ( if user with rights logs-in, I want them too have a seprate menu bar, with quik links too create a page etc. )

Also I would like a simple interfae where users can add pages something like a box design where users can give some parameters like: Page name: <input box> etc. with a pre defined page layout?

Is this possible?

What would you advice? i'm new on this....
Last edited by joopgoudvis on February 20th, 2008, 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tolsome
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tolsome »

hi :)
first of all, you do a great job Paul! I really like your skins! ;)

I'm using the version 3.1 and I have to little question :)
1. I want to make a own navigation under the default (black) navigation with a background picture.

2. How can I do a flash clip (.swf) in the header? I want to make a little flash film in the header, I think this would be really cool. ;)
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Open GuMax.php, just insert your code to appropriate place, it should work right away. :lol:
jcrigler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jcrigler »

I don't understand this thread. The original question, I thought, was about the nav bar at the top "main page, community portal, etc..." not about the nav bar at the bottom "page edit etc, or even below that... what links here etc."

I have the same question. The items in the top nav bar are not in Sidebar. I don't know where they are, but in my wiki they are not there.

Anyone know how to edit that top nav bar?
classbrain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by classbrain »

I've gone through all of the MediaWiki helps I can find and there is something we're missing related to the GuMax skin. I've also checked the CSS files... still something is not aligning. When I go into any of the MediaWiki edit files for sidebar, they don't line up with what I see on my pages with the GuMax (latest version) skin.
Sidebar shows:
navigation

* mainpage|mainpage
* portal-url|portal
* currentevents-url|currentevents
* recentchanges-url|recentchanges
* randompage-url|randompage
* helppage|help
* sitesupport-url|sitesupport

Whereas the top tabs show:
Main Page
Community portal
Current events
Recent changes
Random page
Help
Donations

Where are these edited? I cannot find them anywhere. It's frustrating that the sidebar info seems to be out of sync with the tabs in GuMax. I assume that many of us are missing something simple, but it's something that seems to be lacking documentation. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Ross
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ross »

classbrain,

If you try making the changes you want in mediawiki:sidebar they will appear - don't ask me why but they do (regardless of the fact that the default names on the page are different then what you see in the sidebar when you first open it up).

What I would like to know is how to remove the page title & the links below it to message, discussion, history, etc.. I know how to remove these tabs and the title in Monobook but not in Gumax.
classbrain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by classbrain »

I did try making a change and nothing happened. So, somewhere, I'm missing something. I can see in the HMTL of the page that the PHP is calling to an array somewhere where Paul is mapping a different title to the actual titles in Sidebar, but I can't figure out where the array is stored. I've check everywhere I can think of and I don't find the terms Paul uses in the top tabs.