Header problems

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
TarantinoArchives
Rank 1
Rank 1

Header problems

Post by TarantinoArchives »

Hello Paul

excellent skins. I have just switched my wiki to your latest skin, and it was successful so far (http://www.tarantino.info/wiki)

but I have problems with the headers in the content area. as you can see now, they are black/gray which makes them hard to see. Initially, I had changed them to orange, and it worked, then i went back and removed the line beneath them, but then suddently they are back to black/gray. I don't know why.

I hope you can help. Thanks
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Header problems

Post by Paul »

I cannot tell from your page since you heavily modified the skin. But you can track the tag that you are using or try the tag by viewing source code of the page. It should be easy to find it. :D
TarantinoArchives
Rank 1
Rank 1

the modification is actually not as heavy as it looks. i just changed the backgrounds to black and the text to white, links to orange. the weird thing is, I think I know which part of the CSS controls the headers, so I set them to orange. but when i removed the line below them, they suddently went back to dark gray....
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Check the syntax of your CSS, sometime a missing ";" affects the whole look.
TarantinoArchives
Rank 1
Rank 1

I know, I double checked, I can't find anything wrong. Where could there be an override? i checked the gumax_template.css and the main.css and where i could find any h1 or h2 or h3 i set "color: orange;"
the funny thing is it worked for a while, until i removed the border-bottom:3px....... thing
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

My original CSS shouldn't have any override, but you could check if any other parent tags that will affect them. And the file gumax_link_navigation.css has the link style as well, check this as well.
TarantinoArchives
Rank 1
Rank 1

can't find anything....

as you can see on
http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph ... tino_Books

not only are the headers dark, but also the table headers. i haven't checked the table headers, but the other headers should be a simple h1 or h2 tag, and i have assigned color:orange; to them... i am desperate.

can I send you the css files by email?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

CSS file doesn't tell me any thing, it works under your skin, I cannot tell what's wrong, the better way is to compare the original CSS file with yours, then try to find out what's difference.
TarantinoArchives
Rank 1
Rank 1

well yeah I was able to fix it, the things were in the mw-.... classes and a few others. So I found it....

case close. keep up the great work