Default Skin in LocalSettings.php

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Default Skin in LocalSettings.php

Post by Paul »

Great! Usually it's the problem of LocalSettings.php. Existing users have to manually set the skin to the new one. This is how mediawiki works.
MarkCohen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MarkCohen »

This is the exact problem I'm having. Setting Gumax in localsettings.php as the default skin is not "taking". I even added the statement to exclude all the other skins so it's the only one. Classic skin is not excludable apparently as it keeps showing up with Gumax as the only 2 choices in Mediawiki 1.13.

Would love a solution so that users can only see the Gumax skin as I don't want others to be available and I want it to be the default.

If setting it in localsettings.php doesn't work, do you have any suggestions to force Gumax as the default so that users don't have to change their skin preferences?

Thanks,
Mark
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Try some scripts to change existing users preferences. If you want user only have one skin to choose, then delete existing skins that showed in preferences, or change the skin path to a different place, then that place only has GuMax.
jellings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jellings »

The skin name is case sensitive, so you must enter the skin name as gumax and not Gumax or GuMax.

John
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Yes, this is common sense...