GuMaxVN 2.1 and MW 1.18 not compatible?

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
helober
Rank 1
Rank 1

GuMaxVN 2.1 and MW 1.18 not compatible?

Post by helober »

Hi Paul,

according to your recommendations in the "How do I" section I installed the horizontal GuMax 4.5. It works fine, but as an amateur I was unable to change the horizontal navigation to vertical. Therefore, I tried the GuMaxVN 2.1 skin and received a fatal error messaage containing lines such as

Code: Select all

#0 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/Preferences.php(1221): Preferences::getPreferences(Object(User))
#1 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialPreferences.php(69): Preferences::getFormObject(Object(User))
#2 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/SpecialPageFactory.php(458): SpecialPreferences->execute(NULL)
#3 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(240): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Object(Title), Object(RequestContext))
#4 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(640): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#5 /home/user/domain/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(547): MediaWiki->main()
#6 /home/user/domain/wiki/index.php(57): MediaWiki->run()
I have no clue what this can mean and, therefore, my only question at this point would be, if you have any plans to release another vertical menu-skin compatible with MW 1.18 and MW 1.19 that's coming up in February, I suppose.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: GuMaxVN 2.1 and MW 1.18 not compatible?

Post by Paul »

All old skin will not work with mediawiki 1.17 and up due to core changes in mediawiki.

The next generation GuMax will have both top navigation and side navigation, which is like my wiki...it will be released very soon......
Hart99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: GuMaxVN 2.1 and MW 1.18 not compatible?

Post by Hart99 »

Paul wrote:All old skin will not work with mediawiki 1.17 and up due to core changes in mediawiki.

The next generation GuMax will have both top navigation and side navigation, which is like my wiki...it will be released very soon......
Hi Paul,
has the new GuMax that has both top and side navigation been released yet? Thanks
Thank a bunch - Gloria