Adsense Code Placement

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things with my MediaWiki Extensions.
natcolley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Adsense Code Placement

Post by natcolley »

Dear Paul,

This is my first post. I recently got your adsense extension and just now got it to show ads. However, I had to do a lot of searching to find where to put the adsense code (as opposed to your extension code). Specifically, I found directions on Siteground's site for placing an ad at the bottom of the page, and sure enough, that's exactly where it shows. The problem is, I wanted it top center, not bottom center.

The sites that give correct, or at least understandable, instructions all seem to assume I have to put in different code for each ad format and placement. If I understand your extension, this is supposed to be a once for all deal, and I can have any ads show up anywhere I tell them through Google and your code.

So, two questions:
1. Am I right that your code is intended to allow placements anywhere on my site, as in once for all?

2. Since Mediawiki is dynamically generated, the idea of putting the code on every page is beyond ridiculous, but no one has put together a simple, step by step that I've been able to find. Where do you recommend placing the adsense code to achieve this result?

Thank you.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Adsense Code Placement

Post by Paul »

Yes, my adsense can be placed anywhere in the page...

For your second question, I think the best way is to use extension or just put the ads code into skin will make the thing a lot simpler...
natcolley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by natcolley »

Paul wrote:I think the best way is to use extension...
Hey Paul,
Did you mean put the adsense code from Google inside the code for your extension? If so, where, exactly? (if it matters).
thx
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

You need to make your own extension. Mine is used inside the article.
RobertKimble
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RobertKimble »

plzzz tell me this topics