Adsense adds suddenly stopped showing

If you are having problems with my MediaWiki Extensions, post here.
coyoteboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Adsense adds suddenly stopped showing

Post by coyoteboy »

I've had a slight problem I can't seem to identify. I've had my adds up and running for a few years now and all was going fine, but at some point along the way, apparently without intervention from me (yeah, I know, "i didnt change anything" :) ) they have vanished. The <google></google> tags were still there but nothing showing up. So I updated to the latest version today and re-arranged the config files so that my pub id and unit IDs were correct (ie replaced all the xxxs with channel IDs etc) but still no luck. I now get a page with all content including apparently a frame for the google add but no add in there. I looked at the source code it produces and get this (I've removed the pub ID and put xxs back in):

start content -->

<style type="text/css"> @import "/extensions/GoogleAdSense/GoogleAdSense.css";</style><div class="googleAdSenseContent" style="float:center; width:728px; height:90px;"><script type="text/javascript">google_ad_client = "pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";google_ad_slot = "";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 90;</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pa ... </div><div style="clear: both;"></div>

Yet no avail. Any ideas?
coyoteboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Adsense adds suddenly stopped showing

Post by coyoteboy »

In addition, I did remember to change the tags to
<google uid="C01" position="center"></google>
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Did you have any plugins installed in your browser that block ads?

If you view the source code of the html page, if the Google code have been populated properly, then check your browser first.
coyoteboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by coyoteboy »

I'm fairly sure it's not my browser, I've tried it with a bare IE, firefox and Chrome. IE shows "web page could not be displayed" inside the frame of the ad. If you would like to see, it's at :

http://www.alltrac.hobby-site.com/index.php/Fans

Any other page will be incorrect as I've not modified the tags in them, the site is under a serious facelift!

Cheers!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I believe there is something wrong with your ads account setup/config in Google.

It's simple to verify, copy your html source code into a temp.html page, the ads cannot be displayed. This indicated that something to do with you ads account.