ImageMaps don't display right in IE6

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

ImageMaps don't display right in IE6

Post by Mexsillus »

ImageMaps are an extention, - so I don't know if you are concerned, or if it is even the templates fault. I have GuMax 3.0 which is working nicely - nice setup. Though, if I can get any assistance fixing this, that would be awesome.

<imagemap>'s work fine, however, when in a table they don't...

First, have there been any fixes that you added to newer versions that would fix this - cause I know imagemaps in tables work in 3.1?

I added a small screen shots of the problem. In firefox, everything is right - I purposely have two sets of the same icons. The second set are the icons that are imagemap's inside tables.

The IE screenshot has the bug. The second set of icons overlap and are at the very top of the canvas - covering the Page_Title. I couldn't find another situation where that happened - [[images]], text, [[links]], are all fine within tables.

my tables are setup like so...

<table><td>
<imagemap>
Image:image.jpg
rect 00 00 99 99 [link]
desc none
</imagemap></td><td>
<imagemap>
Image:image2.jpg
rect 00 00 99 99 [link2]
desc none
</imagemap></td></</table>

any thoughts of what files the problems are happening in - I haven't the slightest place to look. Let me know if there is anymore info i can provide.
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ImageMaps don't display right in IE6

Post by Mexsillus »

Sorry, failed to upload the images right the first time.
FFss.PNG
FFss.PNG (50.49 KiB) Viewed 5342 times
FFss.PNG
FFss.PNG (50.49 KiB) Viewed 5342 times
Attachments
IEss.PNG
IEss.PNG (42.03 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

Ok, I definitely determined it is the template... I quickly switched it to monobook and it worked fine. I don't want to have to switch templates... cause I definitely customized your GuMax 3.0 to fit a nice look for my website: wordjuicer.com and am excited to show it off when the wiki is complete.
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

I haven't solved the problem yet, but I noticed something interested. When I use Ctrl + scroll, which adjusts text size, the misplaced imagemap images fall back into place.

Is there a way to mimic the adjusting of text size just for imagemaps?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

What version is your MediaWiki?
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking some time to check out my issue.

1.11 is the version of MediaWiki I installed. I've tried setting the font size of the table to see if that would do anything, but to no avail. So I have a feeling whatever needs to be done, has to be in IE6fixes.css and I am not sure even where to begin.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

Just in case I wasn't specific enough, want to make sure you know that I meant. 1.11.0 (don't know if there is even any other versions of 1.11 yet). Sorry about that.
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

Ok, I've played around with this forever, and am pretty sure that it isn't a template issue per se.

I have gotten imagemaps to display correctly in IE6. But for some reason, it doesn't like my formating on my main page and works in every browser except IE 6 or below.

So now I might just have to go through my code and keep reworking the image maps until it falls into place. I think it might be something weird, like have multiple images of the same size in the same page or table, or something weird like that.

So whether it is the skin or problem with image maps... this is a great skin. Thanks for making it available.

Matt
Mexsillus
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mexsillus »

I might have figured out what helped the ones that worked in tables.

When ever I have an * in the table - which creates a list. Some images seem to work by coincidence so I can't complain - how weird is that. So now I gotta design my image maps to have a list in them... hmmm.