Change the button text color

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
Biohazard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Change the button text color

Post by Biohazard »

Just to say, these are by far my favorite mediawiki skins I've ever worked with or seen. I'm in love with them.

I'm customizing my site with the gumaxdd skin (drop down menu one), version 1.0 (not the release candidate for 1.1).

I'm changing colors around, but I can't seem to find where to change the value for the buttons. (exampes: "search" , "save" , "clear unsaved changes" , etc).

I'm a fairly experienced CSS, HTML, and PHP editor, but I can't find those values at all. I've searched for "button", "input", etc but can't find where the value would be.

Could you point me in the right direction to change the the color values of the text in those buttons?

Thanks so much!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Change the button text color

Post by Paul »

In order to change the text color of the button, then you need the specific CSS tag, here is the sample for the search button:

Code: Select all

form #searchGoButton {
	color: #555;
}
Biohazard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Biohazard »

Hmm, well I didn't find it under that, but that inspired me to think outside the proverbial box and I found what I needed here:

Code: Select all

body, td, th, input, pre, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { color: #ccc; }
body, td, th, input,{ font-family: Verdana, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS'; }
pre { font-family: Monospace, Courier, Arial; }

The "Input" was what I needed to edit the color on, apparently :lol:. That was in the "gumax_template.css" file.

So, I copied that section, deleted the input from the first section, and had a separate "input" section so I could color the input individually.

Thanks for the quick response and help though, even though I ended up finding it elsewhere!

You've done a great job with these templates! ;)
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Great, there are many ways to change one color, not only just one tag, but the parents of the tag do the same job too.