How do I change the background color around images?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
daharyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

How do I change the background color around images?

Post by daharyn »

Hi all,

I'm working with gumaxdd, though I rather imagine the answer to my question might be the same regardless of what version I'm using. I've been tweaking gumax_template.css to develop a color scheme that's appropriate to our project, and I can get everything I need to be my appropriate background color... except for a small margin around images, which stays white no matter what bits of the CSS I try to edit. (See http://macaulay.cuny.edu/seminars/drabi ... dsey.freer for an example of what I mean.) Is there something I need to add to my template file to change that white to my background hex value?

Merci beaucoup!

(To clarify--I don't mind if the thumbnail box generated by mediawiki when you resize an image stays white, that's a nice contrast. it's the small margin around that box that I'd like to see blend in with the rest of my pages.)

(And one final point--this is only happening with thumbnail'ed or captioned images!)
mac77
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: How do I change the background color around images?

Post by mac77 »

You can find this in your main.css, change the border color to transparent or any color you want (transparent is preferred), the white border usually happens with thumb images. The main.css used in gumaxxdd is the same one being used on MonoBook skin which has a white background.

Code: Select all

div.thumb {
	margin-bottom: .5em;
	border-style: solid;
	border-color: white;
	width: auto;
Also find this in your main css and do the same thing on the background-color.

Code: Select all

table {
	font-size: 100%;
	color: black;
	/* we don't want the bottom borders of <h2>s to be visible through
	   floated tables */
	background-color: white;
}
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: How do I change the background color around images?

Post by Paul »

Thanks mac77 for great post ~~ :D