No log in link after log out

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
vonedaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

No log in link after log out

Post by vonedaddy »

I am having a problem using some of these skins for my wiki. This is odd...

For some reason when someone logs out, there is not login link again. If I set the default skin to any of these (paulGu skins) then there is not login link again after you log out. As long as you dont log out your fine! ;)

Any ideas? When switching back to a normal skin I am presented with a login link.
gmack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: No log in link after log out

Post by gmack »

Read this post, it's allmost about the same problem an i think they are related. Login problem, GuMax 3.3

I the problem is solved( or not) by the fix in this thread make a post about it.
vonedaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vonedaddy »

Nope didn't fix it, I used the updated GuMax.php from paul. But I am not sure if I should make any of the edits that are in the thread. None seem to have fixed the problem for the original poster of that thread.

If you think the answer is in that thread please point me towards the correct post. I appreciate your time and help.

Steve

BTW, If you want to look for yourself my wiki is here:

http://colonelpannik.net/wiki/
jeffarcher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jeffarcher »

This is actually the same problem I have. The "login/create account" link shows up when you first go to the site, then if you log in and then log back out, the link is gone. The link will reappear after you quit the browser (session expires?).
vonedaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vonedaddy »

Exactly, if you figure something out please let me know. I have been trying to work on a fix for it myself.
vonedaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vonedaddy »

OK I figured it out thanks to the folks in the other thread...

Find this code in your GuMax.php file: (line 173 & 174)

Code: Select all

<li><a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($this->data['personal_urls']['login']['href']) ?>"><?php
                   echo htmlspecialchars($this->data['personal_urls']['login']['text']) ?></a></li>
and change it to:

Code: Select all

<li><a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($this->data['personal_urls']['anonlogin']['href']) ?>"><?php
                   echo htmlspecialchars($this->data['personal_urls']['anonlogin']['text']) ?></a></li>

Notice that the login (or it may even say userlogin in the original) is changed to anonlogin? This worked for me and I hope it works for you!
doug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by doug »

Thanks fix worked for me too.