GuMAXDD and MW 1.14

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to GuMax.
Knox
Rank 1
Rank 1

GuMAXDD and MW 1.14

Post by Knox »

Hello Paul,

I've installed Mediawiki 1.14 and GumaxDD beta 2. Now all links are blue, the non-existted pages too. So I can't see which page exist (link normally blue) and which page exist not (link normally red).

Maybe it's a problem of the beta-version, then I will wait for the final-version. But if you have a tip i will very thankful to you.

The colours (blue and red) were ok in the last MW 1.13.4.

Thank you for the great work you do.
Knox
Rank 1
Rank 1

GuMAXDD and MW 1.14

Post by Knox »

Once more me.

The "edit" button at the headers is visible although i have disabled it in the preferences.

In the normal Monobook-Look all is well.

Thanks a lot once more.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: GuMAXDD and MW 1.14

Post by Paul »

There must be many changes in new MediaWiki release, I will test it against my development site ...

Thanks for feedback ... :)
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I've reviewed, there isn't much change in new wiki, but I found the fix and I will release the final version very soon ...
mac77
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mac77 »

Paul thanks for the great skins you have created, I use your beta gumaxdd as my default skin for my website thediypal.com and I have used gumaxv as my default skin before and still currently in used as an option skin for my logged in users.

I tested your gumaxdd on the newest versions of IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers and the dropdown menu went under some elements on my wiki (tested on pages history and preferences), it also went behind some div elements. I'm not sure if it's a proper fix but I added a z-index of 10 on the first line of the droppy css and seems to solve the problem.

Also gumaxdd and gumaxv will not inherit any css from MediaWiki:Common.css upon installing version 1.14.0 , I'm currently solving the situation by including the css in the skin files itself.

Any fix on the common css isuues be gladly appreciated.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Thanks for sharing, yes, the z-index is necessary as there are z-index in content. I forgot about this. I will look into the common.css and would be likely include in the final release... :D

Keep me update if you find more... ;)
Renka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Renka »

I have the same problem with Gumax 123 (all the new links are blue). I don't understand what to change in the gumax folders. Thank you to help me.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

The final release is coming, and it will fix all these bugs. :D
Renka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Renka »

Ok, a new version of the skins will be available soon. In my case, I made many changes in the skin 123 (color, size, font ...). To avoid having to redo everything, could you also indicate the small changes to make?
Thank you in advance.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Well, there is a simple way to know the changes, download this tool: http://winmerge.org/downloads/, compare my beta and the final release, you will find the changes much better...