If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
amichael
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by amichael »

Hi Paul, first of all thanks for the great work.
I am working on my wiki and I really like your style, so I decided to use the gumaxdd theme.
Now I installed mediawiki 1.14.0 and when I uploaded your theme the "Log in / create account" stopped working.
It seems like is sending the correct request"http://172.29.7.198/wiki/index.php?titl ... =Main_Page"
But the page is blank, it does not exist.

When I switch the theme to monobook, everything works ok. When I switch back to gumaxdd, it's broken again.

I'll be more than thankful on any suggestions you might have to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Michael
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Log in / create account link does not work

Post by Paul »

Never had this before... could you replicate this is my dev wiki http://gumaxdd.paulgu.com/, so I can look into it, otherwise I cannot work on nothing...

It might be the setting of your server...
amichael
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by amichael »

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I could not recreate this problem on your wiki, but I can see you are using a different skin version... I am not sure if this has to do anything with it....

I tried using other skins such as mistylook, bookjive, modern, and they all worked fine. When I tried using gumax ot gumaxdd I got the same problem, I just can not login nor create accounts...

Do you have a gzip or a zip file of the skin you are using for your test wiki, so I can unzip it in my skins folder and see if this issue reoccurs?

Thanks!

Michael
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I haven't gotten chance to finalized the skin in DEV, do you have a link that I can take a look?
amichael
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by amichael »

Ugh... I dont have an external IP. I made this wiki to share some of the work documentation between the team members at work. We do tests on certain applications and hardware and usually run into similar problems. I thought it would be beneficial for everyone on my team if they documented their experiences on the wiki so everyone can search for the problem and solution.

I guess the geeky side of me couldn't resist not to play around with the wiki and the different skins I can use. I looked around and I liked your clean and simple style much better than anything else out there, and now I am trying to battle down this one bug I keep experiencing.

So.. in other words my wiki is setup on an internal network and can not be accessed form any outside IP..... :(
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

OK, let me if any update...
amichael
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by amichael »

One more question Paul, do you know when will you put a link to the next gumaxdd 1.1 skin?

Thanks!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I will make it available very soon, like a month or so...