Drop Down Menu Does not Load/Act

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Drop Down Menu Does not Load/Act

Post by kevindanko »

I just installed the Drop Down Skin, and am attempting to use it on 1.14.

After installing skin, the theme loads and looks okay graphically, everything is where it should be. No Error Messages on page. However the Drop Down Menu does not work.

It loads all of my Top Level Titles (*Navigation)from my sidebar on the drop down menu however the sub pages (**Article) do not work.

When you attempt to rollover, nothing occurs. Additionally when you click on the Top Level Title (i.e: Navigation) it just appends a # to the current address in the address bar of the browser.

I have tried using Firefox 3.0, Google Chrome, Safari 3, and IE7. Nothing Works. However when I go to the demo version listed on paulgu.com, it works fine and as it should.

Is there some sort of setting that I need to enable in LocalSettings.php or enable javascript or something along those lines?

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zvedyc.png
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Drop Down Menu Does not Load/Act

Post by Paul »

Have you copied all files into the skins folder?

Have you enabled Javascript on your browser?
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

I downloaded the skin file and placed the two php files into the skins main folder and then placed the gumaxdd skin folder into the skins folder as well.

Its not a browser issue, i tested this on two different machines and on several different browsers --- chrome 3 firefox 3, ie 7, safari 3, ie8.

Is there something im missing?

Is there anything i need to add to localsettings.php?

Is there anywhere outside of the sidebar i need to list the menu options?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

The only thing that you need to change for LocalSettings.php is make GuMaxDD as default skin. No other changes are required.

It looks the web path causes the problem and this is more like your server side issue ... give me the link then I might tell you what is wrong or check your server setting ...
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

http://intranet.mywebsite.com/index.php/Main_Page is the link....you won't be able to access it as we use a wiki for an intranet.

is it because it isn't http://intranet.mywebsite.com/index.php?=Main_Page?

--how do i change that back if it is?

GUMAXXDD isn't the default skin because we want to modify it/skin it out before releasing. Is it a bug that if it is not default skin, meaning we select it through username>preferences>skins the drop down wont work?
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

I did Inspect element using FireBug, under HTML here's what i found if this helps...

Code: Select all

<!-- Navigation Menu -->
	<div id="gumax-p-navigation">
	<ul id="gumax-nav">
			<li class="gumax-home"><a href="/index.php/Main_Page">Home</a></li>
					<li><a href="#">Site Navigation</a>
		<ul>
			<li id="n-mainpage"><a accesskey="z" title="Visit the main page [z]" href="/index.php/Main_Page">Main Page</a></li>
			<li id="n-Employee-Directory"><a href="/index.php/Directory">Employee Directory</a></li>
			<li id="n-Human-Resources"><a href="/index.php/Human_Resources">Human Resources</a></li>
			<li id="n-Departments"><a href="/index.php/Departments">Departments</a></li>
			<li id="n-The-Finer-Things"><a href="/index.php/The_Finer_Things">The Finer Things</a></li>
			<li id="n-Community-Portal"><a href="/index.php/Community_Portal">Community Portal</a></li>
			<li id="n-Staff-Meetings"><a href="/index.php/Quarterly_Staff_Meetings">Staff Meetings</a></li>
			<li id="n-Upload-Files"><a href="/index.php/Special:Upload">Upload Files</a></li>
			<li id="n-Activity-Feed"><a href="/index.php/Special:RecentChanges">Activity Feed</a></li>
			<li id="n-randompage"><a accesskey="x" title="Load a random page [x]" href="/index.php/Special:Random">Random page</a></li>
			<li id="n-Help"><a href="/index.php/Category:Help">Help</a></li>
		</ul>
		</li>
			<li><a href="#">Human Resources</a>
		<ul>
			<li id="n-EE-Handbook"><a href="/index.php/Employee_Handbook">EE Handbook</a></li>
			<li id="n-Recruiting"><a href="/index.php/Recruiting">Recruiting</a></li>
			<li id="n-Job-Openings"><a href="/index.php/Job_Openings">Job Openings</a></li>
			<li id="n-New-Hire"><a href="/index.php/New_Hire">New Hire</a></li>
			<li id="n-Termination"><a href="/index.php/Termination">Termination</a></li>
			<li id="n-Training"><a href="/index.php/Training_Slideshows">Training</a></li>
			<li id="n-Manager"><a href="/index.php/Manager">Manager</a></li>
			<li id="n-Move"><a href="/index.php/Move">Move</a></li>
			<li id="n-Workplace-Injury"><a href="/index.php/Workplace_Injury">Workplace Injury</a></li>
		</ul>
		</li>
			<li><a href="#">Technology</a>
		<ul>
			<li id="n-Equip-Add.2FDelete"><a href="/index.php/Equip_Add/Delete">Equip Add/Delete</a></li>
			<li id="n-Home-Computer-Guide"><a href="/index.php/Home_Computer_Guide">Home Computer Guide</a></li>
			<li id="n-Projector-Signout"><a href="/index.php/Projector_Signout">Projector Signout</a></li>
			<li id="n-Remote-Support"><a href="/index.php/Remote_Support">Remote Support</a></li>
			<li id="n-Tech-Support-Faq"><a href="/index.php/Tech_Support_FAQ">Tech Support Faq</a></li>
			<li id="n-Tech-Tutorials"><a href="/index.php/Category:Tech_Tutorials">Tech Tutorials</a></li>
		</ul>
		</li>
			<li><a href="#">Customer Service</a>
		<ul>
			<li id="n-Files"><a href="/index.php/Category:Customer_Service_Files">Files</a></li>
		</ul>
		</li>
		</ul>
	</div>
	<!-- end of Navigation Menu -->
When you hover over the links, they change color showing that they are links and should be clickable -- i don't think the clickability is really the issue rather then the drop down just not displaying

kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

Adittionally found error in Google Chrome Inspect Element:

Code: Select all

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'droppy' of null
don't know if it is related, but also in IE recieving Error on Page icon in status bar:

Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Check if the two Javascript has been loaded or not...
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

Im not sure what you mean? Where should i be looking? What do i need to add if it isn't and where do i need to add it?
kevindanko
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kevindanko »

there is a sub folder in the skin called scripts, that has two js files in their if thats what you mean...do i have to do anything special to them?