$wgEnableMWSuggest

If you are having problems with GuMax, post here.
eddron
Rank 2
Rank 2

$wgEnableMWSuggest

Post by eddron »

Is anybody else having trouble getting the new $wgEnableMWSuggest feature to work with the Gumax skin?

I put $wgEnableMWSuggest = true; in my LocalSetting.php file and even commented out $wgScriptExtension = ".php"; (as suggested). However I just can't get the search suggestions to work.

I'm using GuMax 3.2.1

Does anybody have a suggestion?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: $wgEnableMWSuggest

Post by Paul »

It should work, since the ajax search script searchs two IDs to make it work, which are "searchInput" and "content", make sure you have these two IDs in the GuMax.php.
scole
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scole »

Hi,
Another kudos on the template! However, I am also having some minor issues with the $wgEnableMWSuggest function. The auto suggest does work, but I'm not able to select the suggested search term with the mouse -- I can only do so by using the arrow down key. For a casual user, I'm afraid it will be frustrating.

Not sure if this is a factor of the dynamic search input field or not (I adjusted the focus width to be the same as the non-focus width, but that doesn't seem to have the desired effect).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stuart
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Are you using IE7?
scole
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scole »

Firefox 3
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I noticed Firefox 3 has many other problems ... since this FF is still new and has many issues, I switched from FF3 to FF2, since FF3 has too many weird issues ...
bluesoju
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluesoju »

eddron wrote:Is anybody else having trouble getting the new $wgEnableMWSuggest feature to work with the Gumax skin?

I put $wgEnableMWSuggest = true; in my LocalSetting.php file and even commented out $wgScriptExtension = ".php"; (as suggested). However I just can't get the search suggestions to work.

I'm using GuMax 3.2.1

Does anybody have a suggestion?
Did you figure ever figure it out? I can't even get it to appear for me neither but it works with the default wikipedia skins.
bluesoju
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluesoju »

I don't know php or css, although I am familar with non web programming languages, so it's been a bunch of trial and error for me.

I've just been trying to compare gumaxdd(box appears but can't select with the mouse) and gumaxvsearch(works fine) codes to the gumax3.2.1 and seeing if I could find something obvious.

Although I couldn't find the solution, I noticed when I broke the code a few times and the page came out funny, and for some reason the search suggest worked (although in the wrong spot).

Although it breaks the links above it, the search suggest does appear but on the left side of the screen. Here's a screen cap:

I'm hoping this will help Paul or anyone else trying to fix this bug. I can keep trying but i'm not proficient in php.

Perhaps the difference is here?
<input id="searchInput" name="search" type="text" <?php
if($this->haveMsg('accesskey-search')) {
?>accesskey="<?php $this->msg('accesskey-search') ?>"<?php }
if( isset( $this->data['search'] ) ) {
?> value="<?php $this->text('search') ?>"<?php } ?> />
<input id="searchInput" name="search" type="text"<?php echo $skin->tooltipAndAccesskey('search');
if( isset( $this->data['search'] ) ) {
?> value="<?php $this->text('search') ?>"<?php } ?> />
Attachments
oops
oops
oops.jpg (79.01 KiB) Viewed 10330 times
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I will look into this bug and get this fixed ...
bluesoju
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluesoju »

you ever fix this?