Modification of CSS style.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
arsen99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Modification of CSS style.

Post by arsen99 »

Hello

Lately I installed GuMax skin on my mediawiki page and wanted to modify it a little bit. Unfortunately i'm not programmer and can only do basic things.

I manly wanted to change some CSS styles like colors and appearance.

So far I managed to change background color and some font colors. But I have problems with another things.
Can someone please indicate me what fragments of CSS files(main.css and gumax_template.css) are responsible for this items :
1. Normal table border color?
2. Main window transparency ?
3. Font color of navigation menu, main menu and footer links
4. When I press “edit” the window for editing is white and text color is black, I wanted to change it.
5. When I press “Login/register” the window for entering information is white and text color is black, I wanted to change it.
6. There are some horizontal lines that I want to change them color.
7. I see that main window and other elements are transparent, I wanted to add there some color, how?

Please if someone can just indicate me a fragments of code that is responsible for that and I will experiment and change parameters as I want to adjust my site.

Ty in advance
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Modification of CSS style.

Post by Paul »

Do it all in gumax_template.css, if gumax_template.css already has the css, then just modify it. If don't, then add new to gumax_template.css.

TIPS: Find the css section by view source code in html page, then modify/add it in gumax_template.css.
optimus203
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by optimus203 »

Is there a css file we can create to override the gumax_template.css stylesheet (I'm thinking because if we need to update the gumax version, that we won't lose styling).
optimus203
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by optimus203 »

Is there a way to access the stylesheet through mediawiki - for example, being able to edit through /index.php/MediaWiki:Gumax_template.css

For some reason, this isn't working for me.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I guess you can overwrite them by adding css in gumax_most_wanted.css with your custom.

I think you can use MediaWiki:Common.css instead