Sitenotice

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
HaroldM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sitenotice

Post by HaroldM »

Paul,
Glad ya got a forum up and going. My question will hopefully be simple. I notice on the latest GuMax release you have the Sitenotice showing at top in the black bar. But it also is still showing on the top of every page as well. How can you disable it from showing at the top of every article? I prefer it up top in the black bar. Just annoying with it having show up both places. Thanks in advance.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Sitenotice

Post by Paul »

Hi HaroldM,

I'm not quite sure about your question, can you be more specific? What's "Sitenotice"?
HaroldM
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HaroldM »

MediaWiki has a Sitenotice feature. It allows you to put a notice that will show up on every page. It's accessible via MediaWiki:Sitenotice. WIth your skin whatever you set here shows up at the top of the skin and on every page as well (as it is supposed to though with the default skins). See screenshot to see what I mean. (The text in red is my sitenotice that I made).
Attachments
sshot.jpg
sshot.jpg (166.27 KiB) Viewed 4136 times
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

That's not part of my skin, it's a mediawiki feature. Did you have a setting in your LocalSettings.php like this:

Code: Select all

$wgSiteNotice = 'Something';
or just add this into your LocalSettings.php if you don't have anything:

$wgSiteNotice = '';
Let me know if it works.
olicuk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by olicuk »

GuMax.php, comment out or remove the line that is approx line 255 (I made a couple of other changes, so the original line number might be different). It's this line you probably want to remove:

<?php if($this->data['sitenotice']) { ?><div id="siteNotice"><?php $this->html('sitenotice') ?></div><?php } ?>
The simplest thing is to comment it out, eg/

<!--      <?php if($this->data['sitenotice']) { ?><div id="siteNotice"><?php $this->html('sitenotice') ?></div><?php } ?>  -->
Remember to take a copy of the original file before changing it, in case of mistakes.