Gumax3.3 - Newbie Question on Changing the Logo

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
davekuo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Gumax3.3 - Newbie Question on Changing the Logo

Post by davekuo »

HI! Sorry to ask this newbie question on how to change the top left "flower logo" with the word "go to url with your logo" with my own banner!

I have read previous posts and sound like there are few way to do it. (I am not sure if I have understand fully)
1. possibility #1: name your own logo with name "default.jpg" and place it under the Gumax folder/imgages/header/" folder
2. possibility #2: change the "default.jpg" in GuMax.php under the section of dynamic folder with your own logo name.

So far, I have no luck in getting it working. Plus, I did not find the default.jpg under the "gumax/imgages/header/" folder. The only jpg that I have found is "main_page.jpg" which is the SunFlower wiki media logo!

Thanks for your attention! Appreciate if anyone can give me a hand!

Sincerely,

David
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Gumax3.3 - Newbie Question on Changing the Logo

Post by Paul »

I'm a little bit confused here, for skin GuMax 3.3, there are two types of logo, one is small one, which is static and located on the top left corner; another one is big one, which is dynamic and across the page.

Which one are you looking at?
davekuo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by davekuo »

Dear Paul,

H! Sorry for the confusion! I don't even know that there are 2 logos which you referred as statics and dynamic.

I can see from GuMax.php that here is a section of code that control the dynamic logo! Since I am not an expert in PHP, I simply aware that there is a section dedicates for such function, but not sure "what and where is exactly the dynamic logo we are refeering to here" (sorry .. I am really a newbie but love your work)

The logo that I would like to change is the "top left" logo with the flower logo where has the word "to your url path to your logo". (here is the link to my index page and for some reason, I only see one logo which is on top left --> http://www.pmpgogo.com/wiki/index.php

Once again, thank you very much for your patience and contribution!

Sincerely,

David
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

This logo is the default wiki logo. This should be added in LocalSettings.php like following:

Code: Select all

$wgLogo = {$wgStylePath}/common/images/Wiki.png;
For more details, you can check this out: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgLogo