Cannot get Google AdSense to work

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Cannot get Google AdSense to work

Post by Paul »

Yes, you got the localsettings.php right, did you put adsense tag in the wiki page to display it?
AAadvisor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AAadvisor »

Ah yes i see, have added rhis code now to the wiki and it works. Thanks.

'<google uid="C01"></google>'

Is it possible to make the ads appear within the 'articlepicturebox' below the navigation bar?

I have tried replacing the picture of the flower/default image with code for the ads but this doesnt seem to work?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Then you need to hard coded the ads in the GuMax.php, and you don't need extension...
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

What type of code?
mdpeters67
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mdpeters67 »

I did not see an answer to the question of what, if anything, do you do to site pages to get AdSense to work? I've followed the installation instructions and added the activation code to my LocalSettings.php page. What, if anything do I need to do to any other wiki page(s) to get this to work? Right now, nothing displays differently for me. I am interested in knowing how to get ads to display on all pages and if I wanted, for specific pages. I am not a coder by any stretch, so please walk me through this in simple detail.

I appreciate your time and assistance!
Vladis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vladis »

Hey guys!

The adsense extension works great! It is one of the best extensions I found, especially because it allows you to manually add each ad, where and when you want. I'm very satisfied with it, however...I have a small question... :roll:

Paul...Can you please tell me if there is a way to integrate the ads within the text...because on my website, if I add a box ( with 4 links), let's say in the left side of the page, I can only add the text between the box, or on top. What I want to do is to add some text to the right side of the box...But I don't know how... :cry:

Thanks!
Vlad
vazaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vazaz »

AAadvisor wrote:
Is it possible to make the ads appear within the 'articlepicturebox' below the navigation bar?

I have tried replacing the picture of the flower/default image with code for the ads but this doesnt seem to work?
Paul wrote:Then you need to hard coded the ads in the GuMax.php, and you don't need extension...
How I can do that in GuMax.php?
Last edited by vazaz on May 21st, 2011, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I don't think there is any extra coding required... something wrong with your unitid, there are many ids in google adsense, make sure you got the correct unitid.