Custom Navigation bar 3.2.1

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
Lee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Custom Navigation bar 3.2.1

Post by Lee »

I've been wanting to construct a portion of the sidebar that can be controlled from mediawiki.

For example, I would create a page called Sidebar that would be just like any other page in mediawiki.

In gumax.php in the Navigation section after the menus I would create a pointer that would retrieve this page and place it in the sidebar for every page.

I've gotten half way there by placing <?php $this->html('bodytext') ?> in the Navigation Section of gumax.php. Of course this just puts in identical text from the page you are on in the sidebar.

Does anybody have an idea how to change the php call to go to pull the bodytext of a specific page?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Custom Navigation bar 3.2.1

Post by Paul »

Did you try search "MediaWiki:Sidebar" in your wiki? It this that you want?
Lee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lee »

No I've looked at Mediawiki:Sidebar but it seems like it really limits what you can put in there. For example you can't display images. I was looking for a page that you could display using normal markup including images on the sidebar. Inserting the "bodytext" does this but I can't figure out how to make it insert the text from a page other than the one that you are currently viewing. Any ideas?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do, giving me some example or mock up would help me understand.