GuMax configuration issues

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in GuMax skin.
optimus203
Rank 0
Rank 0

GuMax configuration issues

Post by optimus203 »

I'm having a series of issues with my MediWiki customization. I'm using the gumax skin, and currently putting everything together offline using MAMP, so I'm not sure if this is causing any issues. I'm also transferring setting from old LocalSettings.php file (running on older mediawiki installation) to new LocalSettings.php file (running 1.17 installation).

Issue 1: I hard-coded a log-in link into a new navigation menu, and it points to /index.php?title=Special:UserLogin . When I login, the page redirects to /index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlog in&type=login , but this page is blank. I have to manually go back to index.php/Main_Page to see the content of site. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Issue 2: /mediawiki/index.php link doesn't show default homepage. I have to navigate to index.php/Main_Page in order to see homepage.

Issue 3: The {{TOClimit|limit=2}} Table Of Contents limit template is not working for me. All the subheadings are appearing even though I'm designating {{TOClimit|limit=2}} at the top of a page. My Template:TOClimit file contains the following line of code: <div class="toclimit-{{{1|{{{limit|3}}}}}}">__TOC__</div>

Issue 4: Once logged in and click on the My Preferences link, there are no tabs for customization on the following page. Below is a jpg file that shows what I'm talking about (there should be tabs for selecting skins, changin personal preferences, etc). http://www.mwusers.com/forums/attachmen ... 1323983857

Thanks for the time and help in troubleshooting. I have done some initial research through Google, but haven't been bale to find any solutions. MediaWiki is beyond my area of expertise, but I would like to know how to fix these crucial errors.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: GuMax configuration issues

Post by Paul »

This is not related to GuMax... it's your wiki issue, most likely they are caused by MAMP...

Try on different hosting...