beta 3.5 - comments

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to GuMax.
jorgusch
Rank 1
Rank 1

beta 3.5 - comments

Post by jorgusch »

Hello Paul,

first of all: it is really clean!! No boxes, but clear lines like in an article that is coherent!! :shock:

However, my comments might be a bit 'fundamental':

First of all: this is a new skin! You might release it under a new number and update the old one with big issues (or whatever is compatible).

The white spaces and two different solutions:
1) I liked that login and stuff was up and almost invisible - visitors do not want to see it, and I now how to scroll up. Maybe you can also integrate the search into the panel - it could be two lines. This would bring a lot of space! Now the page starts a few pixels further down.

2) Additionaly, the white space would be space for a opportunity for a problem I have all the time:
I have several 'levels' for articles on my wiki and classify them with logos. If you could offer some kind of template (for the articles) to upload a logo to the right side of the white space. FANTASTIC!!

Layout:
I know you can change it. However, the skin is flat - I would add for the standard release this nice shadow effetct. Blue is also pretty dark - many users might have to change it (me), as it does not work so great with the former layout. - However, these are no big issues.

Great work!!
Thanks
jorgusch
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: beta 3.5 - comments

Post by Paul »

Hi Jorgusch

GREAT comments for this beta preview, I agree with all your points :lol: .

I would like to release this as a brand new skin and keep the old one. Also the shadow affect of the skin is also under development, I'm pretty sure I will add this.

Keep up great commments and this is the great opportunity to make this new skin good. :D

Thanks,
Paul