GuMaxV & Mediawiki 1.18.1

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to GuMax.
geexfactor
Rank 0
Rank 0

GuMaxV & Mediawiki 1.18.1

Post by geexfactor »

I adopted mediawiki for a project i'm working on and I startd working on it in nov 2011 so i'm not an expert on mediawiki or php coding. I wanted the vertical menu skin on mediawiki that's why I was using GuMaxV until two days ago when I upgraded my mediawiki to 1.18.1 from 1.16.4. Disaster happened, I was not able to use gumaxv anymore, i was getting some weird php errors.

Anyhow I wanted this skin so bad that I played around with it, narrowed down where the errors were occuring. They were actually in two or two places. Fixed the code on the old gumaxv skin and here it is running fine on mediawiki 1.18.1.

I have tested it with searching, creating new pages, saving it. Haven't completed my testing but it should work fine.
You can check it out on my live website at http://www.afghanwiki.com/en
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: GuMaxV & Mediawiki 1.18.1

Post by Paul »

Good work... old skin won't work with new mediawiki since mediawiki updated core function.

I'm working on next generation GuMax which will combine both top navigation and side navigation menu.
geexfactor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by geexfactor »

Ok now that i've been using my wiki with gumaxv for a few days, I finally came across a problem. The wikieditor extension doesn't seem to work on this skin but it did with gumax 3.4.5

Paul do you know what could be the problem here? I don't see myself going away from gumaxv. i have a test mediawiki 1.18.1 installation where i can do some testing. Do you have any suggestion?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

The problem with old skin under new wiki is the header.

The old skin loads header manually, the new skin loads header through new wiki core function.

To fix the problem, you need to change the header in the old skin, please refer to my new GuMax release for the changes for the header elements.
geexfactor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by geexfactor »

I finally fixed the header on gumaxv and its working with mediawiki 1.18 and wikieditor extension is also working.
I had to copy the UsabilityInitiative.php into the extensions folder before it could work.
Here's a screenshot