[AdSense] Ads not displaying but installed ok?

If you are having problems with my MediaWiki Extensions, post here.
estaga
Rank 0
Rank 0

[AdSense] Ads not displaying but installed ok?

Post by estaga »

Hi,

I have a weird problem where I have installed the Adsense extension on a new box (on another url) with Mediawiki but my ads are not displaying at all whilst it is working fine on a older machine running an ancient mediawiki.

Is there something odd such as that it takes more than a week for ads to start popping up on a site? If that's the case surely the 'search box' should just work?

I've run through the usual checklist:

* My pub ID, etc. are in correctly
* I have a C01/S01 defined which exists on my Adsense profile
* I remembered to put the include in LocalSettings.php, I defined the path relatively and explicitly, no change

Additionally I have:
* Checked my Adsense setup, I have no limitation on which domains are used by my account
* I know the extension is being loaded since when I take out my include for Adsense in LocalSettings.php, Mediawiki does not understand the <google> html tags.
* I played with PHP5's global_variables, seems like that is not a issue nowadays
* The apache error logs does not provide any useful information
* Running Firebug in Firefox when browsing my pages I do not see any hits towards google whatsoever
* Looking at the page source from the browser-end I do not see a mention of google whatsoever either
* Cleared the metacache, no change

What am I missing here? The box in question is running Ubuntu server 10.10 with the Mediawiki from the repository.

Thanks!
E
nitesh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: [AdSense] Ads not displaying but installed ok?

Post by nitesh »

Dear,

Can you please let me know, how you solved your problem?. I am also facing the same issue
estaga
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by estaga »

Unfortunately I have still not been able to solve this problem ):
eua
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eua »

I think adsense plugin just doesn't working. It doesn't run javascript code too.