hosting

If you are having problems with my MediaWiki Extensions, post here.
Blob
Rank 0
Rank 0

hosting

Post by Blob »

Can anyone suggest hosts that offer preinstalled packages of MediaWiki that are well suited for the GuMax skins and media extensions? I am thinking of migrating my personal site to use this combination. My site has personal things, as well as some articles that have math and/or code listings. I could install MediaWiki myself at a third party site, but I think it might be better to have something managed by someone else, so that I do not have to worry about upgrades.

I asked maiahost.com about this. They said that maiahost isn't well suited to this because "the math plugin" is only installed for the VPS and dedicated hosting. This makes me wonder: does Wikipedia use this math plugin too, or does it use something different to get math to display? Part of the attraction of using MediaWiki is the ability to get math to display reasonably well, along with the fact that this can be expected to improve over time, in parallel with how it improves at wikipedia.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: hosting

Post by Paul »

I think you might hire a web master working for you, then save you a lot of headache.