Extension Cooltable

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things with my MediaWiki Extensions.
TurboKanne
Rank 1
Rank 1

Extension Cooltable

Post by TurboKanne »

Hello Paul,

first of all i'd like to say RESPECT for the best Skin for MediaWiki Server Software ever. I appreciate your work and i already learned a lot by checking your site (especially i learned a lot about how using {{templates}}) :)

But after all of searching i decided to ask my question in this forum: "where can i get the Extension CoolTable from?" On the special page Special:Version the link shows to your homepage, but i can not find the download link for this extension.

Can you please also help me with the CSS styles for the tables you use (like: class="Ycgu-table-1" or class="Ycgu-table1-title" or class="Ycgu-table-3-3") I do not know how and where to set them up. I suggest you do not use pages like MediaWiki:Common.css for this, right?

thanks in advance
best regards
TurboKanne
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Extension Cooltable

Post by Paul »

Hi TurboKanne,

Thanks for the message. The cooltable extension is made by me, it's just a simple extension that I made for my menu.

For those ycgu-tables, they are all template, you can view source on my wiki and copy them to your wiki. I use another css file to style those templates. they are all similar.

I believe those are very easy for you to make it. It's just like make a normal html page in your wiki article.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Paul
TurboKanne
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TurboKanne »

Thanks Paul for your quick answer. Indeed i managed to add styles to the tables that come pretty close to yours. only problem is, that IE7 does not show the outline border, but i'm pretty confident that i will manage this as well soon.

one question still remains open. will you release the cooltable extions? this would be very fantastic, i think that this i will not be able to create on my own. So your help would be grealy appreciated.

kind regards
TurboKanne
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I might release if it's useful, I think it's not that "popular".
hanseoky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hanseoky »

I was going to ask a same question today, but you see here's another guy who has the EXACTLY same thought to me.
I also wanna tell you my RESPECT first.
I copied your templates but it doesn't look really cool in my wiki because I don't have your <cooltable> extension.
I'll appreciate if you release it. Or you could either post an explanatory article how you could do that even though it is pretty hard for me to imitate your trick using CSS and stuff..even though it will take forever for me to do it... :) (just kidding)

Thank you anyway.
TurboKanne
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TurboKanne »

Definetly will it be useful. A realse of this extension would help a lot of people who are not that familiar and talented with creating style sheets and writing extensions for wiki software.

thanks in advance
with best regards
TurboKanne
TurboKanne
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TurboKanne »

Hi Paul,

since three month i tried to get in touch adding something similar to your <cooltable> to my wiki. can you please release this specific extension or send me the source via mail to public@airsnake.de?

thanks in advance
with best regards
TurboKanne
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Sorry for this, I forgot about the extension. I will release it to my extension page this weekend. ;)
TurboKanne
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TurboKanne »

Hey Paul,

thanks, i am really looking forward to this.

thanks in advance
best regards
TurboKanne
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

You are welcome ... ;)