CategoryTree Extesnion: Can it be used with GuMax?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things with my MediaWiki Extensions.
DaveW.
Rank 1
Rank 1

CategoryTree Extesnion: Can it be used with GuMax?

Post by DaveW. »

I've been attempting to use the Category tree extension with the Gumax skin. It works great in the main pages, but I'm attempting to add it to the sidebar for navigation purposes.

The extensions doc says that it works with monobook, modern, etc. but does not work with the standard, nostaligia styled skins.

I have set up the code correctly and it does in fact work well with monobook in my wiki. It doesn't work with GuMaxV, however, which is the skin I really want to use. Is there a way to setup GuMaxV to allow this extension to work in the sidebar?

Thanks!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: CategoryTree Extesnion: Can it be used with GuMax?

Post by Paul »

This extension needs add javascript into the skin, did you add that in GuMaxV.php?
DaveW.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DaveW. »

I did not. However I think I will now. :)
DaveW.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DaveW. »

ok... so I really hate to be a complete noob, but I've spent the morning trying to figure out how to add javascript support into the gumax skin. I assume it's support for java that needs to be added and not support for that specific applet.

I tried to compare the gumax php to the monobook php and found that monobook was using jsvarurl, userjs, and userjsprev. However I found out that the gumax php encompasses those as well so those obviously aren't the additions I need to make. Is it something as simple as enabling ajax in the skin's php file like I did in local setting? I didn't see that setup in monobook, but I'll be happy to put it in there.

Thanks again!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

I think you can integrate Ajax into the skin, depends on what you want ... :)
blanham
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by blanham »

Hi, I would really like to integrate this extension into the skin also. I am at a loss as to how to achieve this though. Could you please provide some hints or examples on how to do this?

Cheers!
KnusperGilb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KnusperGilb »

*bump*

Hi,

I also want to integrate CategoryTree in my GuMaxVN Sidebar, but got no luck so far. It works in the Pages but not in the Sidebar. Any help would be really appreciated..

Cheerz..
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

This needs some professional skills, it's not simple to copy and paste here in short............
madhu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by madhu »

Hi Paul,
I used GUmaxdd skin for my wiki and I loved its look, perfectly serves my purpose.
Now, I am trying to add a CategoryTree to the sidebar. Spent like a day on this but, no luck.
Please, provide a brief talk on the issues that needs to be taken care off in order to enable category tree on sidebar.

Thanks,
Madhu.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

GuMaxDD skin doesn't have side menu by default, it's all in top menus.

If you need side menu for GuMaxDD, then you need to customize GuMaxDD....