change external link color

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things with my MediaWiki Extensions.
Bey Brad
Rank 2
Rank 2

change external link color

Post by Bey Brad »

How can I change the color of links that are outside of the Wiki? I've changed all the link colors but these remain the default colour ...
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: change external link color

Post by Paul »

what do you mean outside wiki links?
Bey Brad
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bey Brad »

Ah sorry, I didn't mean to post this in the Extensions section. Here is my example.

http://beywiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Look at the article updates table. Those links are orange, I set them at that colour. They link to other Wiki pages.

Then see the Forums table. Those links are the browser's default link color; they link outside of the Wiki. How can I set their colour?
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Open file gumax_link_navigation.css, check content section, see if that helps...
Bey Brad
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bey Brad »

Paul wrote:Open file gumax_link_navigation.css, check content section, see if that helps...
I tried many changes but external link colour is unaffected. Viewing the source of my wiki says the class is "external text", but I can't find such a class.

Surely you must know how to do this, please help.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Some default color is still from main.css, check both main.css and gumax_template.css to see if you can find the tag the you saw by viewing source page, if you cannot find them, then make a new one in one of the css files.