Horizontal navigation menu: How To

Struggling with PHP or HTML? Got any tips? Drop in here to share your questions and answers. Newbies and gurus welcome!
Pete R
Rank 0
Rank 0

Horizontal navigation menu: How To

Post by Pete R »

Hello,

I am new to css/php but I have a wiki and Im currently trying to move the side navigation menu to the top in horizontal form. I dont really know where to start. I am using Mediawikis new Modern skin right now.

Ive changed the skin title and tried to do the basic set up in the php page, but beyond that I have no idea how/where to write the code.

Could anyone give me some tips on how to do this? Maybe a basic code I can plug in? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: Horizontal navigation menu: How To

Post by Paul »

You need to understand the skin code and get to know what's the output of each part, then you need to start modify new Modern skin or code a new skin as you want, you need to have a really good understanding of CSS as well for styling.
maguire_michael
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by maguire_michael »

Only studies won't help, you go through the various sites and resources thoroughly, and also try to implement them, then you can come to know and learn how everything works.. There are minute customizations which you need to understand.

All the best...
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

maguire_michael,

Just a warning, do NOT put any link that is not related to the topic, this forum is NOT for promoting any site :!:
lovely_01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lovely_01 »

You have to create the entire css for the horizontal menu afresh... And keep a note of the browser compatibility... If required create different css for different browsers....
nickatela
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nickatela »

hi everyone

I'm just new here in php. I have created a wiki yesterday and i i want to have a nice skin for my gumax. can someone tell what to do with this? and i'm currently facing a delema on how to move the side navigation menu to the top in horizontal form. i dont have any idea where to start and i was reading this forum for an hour but still the infos shared here doesn't absorb to my brain. thanks
Last edited by nickatela on October 10th, 2009, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Download the GuMax and install it...